Re: Realtime Auditory Software

>     I am looking for a software to accomplish some simple auditory tasks.
> This software needs to be able to generate a spectrogram in real time from a
> microphone input, and store that input for later analysis. Preferably this
> software would be for PC, low-cost or free and fairly easy to use. Do any of
> you know of something fitting this description?
>     I would greatly appreciate any help you have to offer.

Snack can do that. It's free and multi-platform. Download ActiveTcl
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Tcl) to install Tcl/Tk and Snack. Then
have a look at XS in snackdemo/widget (you can also get the WaveSurfer
audio tool at http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/ .

Hope it helps,
Bruno

--
Bruno Crochet           Tel :   +41 22 705 91 33 (Bureau 4134)
Uni Mail - FaPSE                +41 22 705 93 80 (Labo Son)