Re: Bit-rate reduced audio and hearing loss

Hello,

there was a MP3-Listening Test of the german c't-magazine
published in issue 6/2000
(http://www.heise.de/ct/00/06/092/default.shtml, in german).

The listener with the "best" differentiation between original
and coded signals turned out to be hearing impaired
(siginificant hearing loss above 8kHz).

However, I would not claim this test to be scientific relevant.

Regards,
Alexander

--
dipl. ing.