Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:27:53 +1000
From: Harvey Holmes <H.Holmes@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: masked threshold as a function of signal duration

There was a lot of work done on this topic in the 60s to 80s (roughly)
by E. Zwicker and E. Terhardt and their co-workers at Munich.

Some references to this work are given in the Zwicker and Fastl book
"Psychoacoustics - Facts and Models" (Springer) in the sections on temporal
masking, and I am sure others can be found by looking up Terhardt's web
site http://www.mmk.ei.tum.de/persons/ter.html or by using Google.