Re: pointers to nonsense-syllable recognition data?

The following has both actual and subject-estimated
percent correct scores for CVCs in speech shaped noise
as a function of SNR (although the chance performance
is near 0%):

Rankovic and Levy (1997) "Estimating articulation
scores," JASA 102(6): 3754-3761.

Hope this helps :-)

--Brent

>Date:  Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:54:00 -0700
>From:  Hannes Muesch <hmuesch@HOTMAIL.COM>
>[add to address book]
>
>To:  AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
>
>Subject:  pointers to nonsense-syllable recognition
>data ?
>
>------------------------------------------------------>--------------------------
> Can anyone point me to nonsense-syllable
>recognition data of broadband speech in
speech->spectrum-shaped noise as a
>function of SNR? Preferably the test paradigm used a
>closed response set
>(i.e., chance performance larger than 0%) and
>listeners had normal hearing.
>I am aware of Ken’s data in JASA [Grant, K.W., and
>Walden, B.E. (1996).
>"Evaluating the articulation index for
auditory->visual consonant recognition,"