Re: Question on trill-tresholds

Dear Gunnar,

You should look at the following papers:

Anstis, S., & Saida, S. (1985), Adaptation to auditory streaming of frequency-modulated tones. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance,11, 257-271.

Miller, G.A., & Heise, G.A. (1950 ) The trill threshold. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 22, 637-638.

Rose, M.M., Moore, B.C. (1997 ) Perceptual grouping of tone sequences by normally hearing and hearing-impaired listeners. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 103 (3), 1768-78.

Shonle, J.I., & Horan, K.E. (1976 ) Trill threshold revisited. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 59, 469-471.

Van Noorden, L.P.A.S. (1977 ) Minimum differences of level and frequency for perceptual fission of tone sequences ABAB. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 61, 1041-1045.

Van Noorden, L.P.A.S. (1982 ) Two channel pitch perception. In M. Clynes (Ed.), Music, mind and brain. New York: Plenum Press.

Al Bregman

Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Dept of Psychology, McGill University
1205 Docteur Penfield Avenue