Re: pitch neurons

I believe that pitch perception is NOT localised to temporal (time =
neural spike train) OR place (power spectrum = laterally selected neural
signal) models.
I believe it is a dual perception of both time and frequency = temporal
and lateral selectivity.
For low frequencies it is mostly temporal (hence phase locking)
For high frequencies, the afferent signal is phased out by an
efferent return signal.

Matt

==== Martin wrote