Re: Efferent feedback to the organ of the Corti

David, please forgive me if I am incorrect.

I am referring to [1] Figure 5 where the VR/NP Synapses on VP/NR
NFs (Presumed Axodendritic Synapses) are depicted to become less numerous
towards the 3'rd turn.

Again, I am an electrical engineer, so please forgive me if I am
mistaken, but I am assuming that these are efferent neural connections.

I also refer to this posting to Auditory in 1996 :
http://www.auditory.org/postings/1996/74.html
Where it is stated ...
"There are also efferent fibers near the IHC's. These originate in the
lateral olivocochlear system, and make axodendritic synapses with the
afferent fibers [3]".

Matt

[3] Nadol J.B., Jr., Synaptic morphology of inner and outer hair cells of
the human organ of Corti, Journal of electron microscopy technique, 15,
187-196, 1990.
[1] @article{Thiers:2002,
author    = {Thiers, F.A. and Burgess, B.J. and Nadol, J.B.},
title     ={\href{http://www.elsevier.com/locate/issn/03785955}{Axodendritic and
dendrodendritic synapses within outer spiral bundles in a human}},
journal   = {Hearing Research},
pages     = {97-104},
year      = {2002},
volume    = {164},