Re: High frequency hearing

Perhaps audio equipment with 96 kHz sampling is a waste.  However, in
addition to testimonial from many recording artists that frequencies above
20kHz affect sound quality, there is this:

Oohashi, et al. (2000). Inaudible High-Frequency Sounds Affect Brain
Activity: Hypersonic Effect. The Journal of Neurophysiology Vol. 83 No. 6
pp. 3548-3558
http://jn.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/83/6/3548.pdf

This might also be of interest:

The auditory evoked magnetic fields to very high frequency tones
Fujioka T, Kakigi R, Gunji A, Takeshima Y (2002)
NEUROSCIENCE 112: (2) 367-381

-John
________________________________
John G. Neuhoff
The College of Wooster
Department of Psychology
Wooster, OH 44691
http://pages.wooster.edu/jneuhoff/
Voice (330) 263-2475
FAX (928) 244-5577

APCAM 2002
Auditory Perception, Cognition, and Action Meeting
A satellite to Psychonomics
http://www.wooster.edu/apcam