male/female voice

Hello List,

In a most interesting paper:

"Study of variations in the male and female glottal wave
Randall Monsen and Maynard Engebretson, JASA 1977 62(4) 981-991"

these researchers from Central Institute for the Deaf found and
published the very interesting result that the phase angle between the
first and second harmonics (Figure 8) is very different in the male vs
female glottal wave form. The differences they found generally amounted
to 20 to 30 degrees.

I have not been able to find any further work specifically on the phase
differences between the first and second harmonics (or other harmonics)
between the male and female glottal wave or in male and female speech!

My interest in this area is because I have developed an algorithm which
could be used as a good tool in this kind of application and will
publish as soon as patent applications are submitted.

If anyone knows of any work (published or unpublished) in male/female
phase differences among the partials please let me know.

--
Fred Herzfeld, MIT'54
78 Glynn Marsh Drive #59

Tel: (912) 262-1276