Re: The Bach choral dilemma

> Listening carefully to BWV 363 (Jesus Christus, unser Heiland), or BWV
> 364 (Jesus Christus, unser Heiland, der den Tod), I hardly hear it
> streaming, if streaming at all.  Same for my Sensation & Perception
> class.

Dear Luc,

My favorite example for streaming baroque music is BWV 1006, Partita III
E major by J. S. Bach, the very first few notes of the first piece
(Preludio): After some 15 notes of "a single perceptual stream" the
composer clearly establishes two perceptual streams. My recording is by
Sigiswald Kuijken, on Harmonia Mundi GD77043.

PD Dr. Christian Kaernbach
Institut fuer Allgemeine Psychologie
Universitaet Leipzig