 Van: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
 [mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA]namens Tóth László
 Verzonden: 29 jan 03 11:23
 Aan: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
 Onderwerp: Re: The Bach Choral Dilemma

 On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Diana Deutsch wrote:

 > >My wife has a recording of the cello suites by Morten Zeuter, a Danish
 > >cellist, in which he pauses slightly before and after every bass note
 > >and thereby destroys the streaming effect. I have always been
 annoyed by
 > >that performance (I even think it got a Danish music award).

 Excuse my ignorance, but if performance can cause such a huge difference,
 then shouldn't it be denoted somehow in the music sheet?

                Laszlo Toth
         Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
   Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
      e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
      http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *