audio pathology info

Dear list members,
as I'm working on audio perception in relation to semitoics (which is
my main field of study) I am interested in medical handbook on
audio perception and in auditory pathology. Above all, what interests
me is a
question of threshold/boundaries: what happen at threshold of hearing,
or at
the boundaries between tactility and hearing etc. (e.g. I'm actually
reading
Seeing voices by Sacks).
I know it's a very wide conceptual field but any
info/suggestion/reference/link address is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

-a-