Re: Hearing Loss Simulations

Robert,

If you do a Google Search for "hearing loss simulation" you will find
several hits.  The only one that really looks promising to me has a demo
that doesn't seem to like Windows XP.

My problem with the ones that I have heard is that for sensorineural
hearing loss, they typically only filter frequency bands to mimic the
pure tone audiogram, and don't do a good job presenting a concept of
loudness recruitment or phonemic regression.  These are, in my
experience, more handicapping than the loss of sensitivity.

There may be some out there, but I haven't run into them yet.

As for CI simulations, how on earth could anyone with normal hearing
know that a CI will ultimately be perceived like to a patient?

Best Regards,

Brad Ingrao, M.S.Ed. CCC-A, FAAA
Editor
EDEN - The Electronic Deaf Education Network
www.bradingrao.com
e-mail: info@bradingrao.com