Criteria for sound design in web applications

Hello,

I am looking for research on audiovisual integration in web applications.
We are trying to develop a general framework for designing sound and music
for websites. I suppose this is different from the topic of auditory
display (auditory icons, earcons, sonification) which has already been
covered in great detail. We are looking for an optimal congruence between
visual and auditory cues. There're also more fundamental questions in terms
of cognitive processing. How is a feeling of congruence established in a
subject's mind? What is the emotional impact of internet sound? What is the
use, what are the goals of using sound in web applications? What are the
personal and situational determinants for the use and acceptance of
internet sound? These are some questions to begin with. (I am NOT looking
for technical device on programing, etc.)

Any contribution to the matter would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Philipp