Questions on Etymotic ER-30 insert earphones

Dear All,

We would like to purchase an insert earphone MRI compatible system and would be interested to know what the views are on the Etymotic ER-30 model. At the moment we are using the avotec equivalent system and have been having a lot of troubles so would like to buy a different and more advanced system of instert earphones. Our main concern is hearing protection. We are using a very, very tight head coil that does not allow us to use earmuffs or headsets. We have heard good comments on the etymotic ER-30, but would be interested to hear the opinions of others that have used it in the past.

If you have any positive or negative feedback, please let us know.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Marina Papoutsi

NIDCD/NIH, Brain Imaging Modelling Section
in affiliation with the
University of Edinburgh, Neuroinformatics DTC