Postdoctoral Position in Human Neuroimaging

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION:  NEUROIMAGING OF SPEECH PERCEPTION

Miller Lab, Center for Mind & Brain, University of California at Davis

We seek a postdoctoral scientist for an NIH-funded project investigating speech perception in noisy environments.  Techniques used in our lab include fMRI, psychophysics, high-density EEG, and neural network analysis.

Candidates must possess a doctorate in a relevant discipline (e.g. neuroscience, psychology, engineering, medicine), a publication record in peer-reviewed journals, and programming skills for data analysis.  Though not required, the ideal candidate would have neuroimaging experience and a working familiarity with Matlab, linux, and any leading neuroimaging packages (e.g. SPM, BESA).

The Miller Lab houses a state-of-the-art anechoic environment, a 128-channel EEG system, and outstanding computing resources (http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu/content/Labs/Miller).  We have full access to two research-dedicated MRI scanners at the UC Davis Imaging Research Center (http://ucdirc.ucdavis.edu).  Our lab is located in the Center for Mind & Brain, a world-class research facility notable for its dynamic and collaborative character (http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu).

Appointment is for at least one year, with the possibility of extension up to three years.  Position will remain open until filled, but to ensure consideration please send applications by 15 Mar., 2006.  Anticipated start date between Apr. 1 and July 1, 2006.  Send cover letter (or statement of research interest), CV, pdfs of representative publications, and contact information for three references to Lee M. Miller:  millerlab_01@xxxxxxxxx.  The University of California is an equal opportunity employer.

Lee M. Miller
Assistant Professor
Section of Neurobiology, Physiology, & Behavior
	and Center for Mind & Brain
University of California, Davis
http://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu/content/LeeMiller