music intervals

Hi everybody,

I am a newbie to this list so I thought I might introduce myself. I have just
started doing a phd on earcon auditory displays at the University of
Queensland, Australia. I have started reading up on the psychoacoustics,
auditory display and music psychology literature and find everything really
fascinating and overwhelming. However, I was wondering if anybody could point
me in the direction of research that has looked at music intervals and which
ones are best perceived, recognised, discriminated by non-musicians or
musicians (ie. perfect 5th etc?).

cheers,
Tania
--