Re: copyleft speech

Thank you for suggesting audio books. There are lots of audio books available for free, but most are copyrighted (redistribution prohibited) or available under a Creative Commons ND license (derivative works prohibited).

I finally found a very large database of public domain audio books read by many different speakers:

http://librivox.org/

Note that both the text (taken from the Gutenberg project) and the audio files are license free!

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Vincent
Research Assistant

Ralph Muehleisen wrote:
I don't if they have any speech clips of use to you but a good site for a variety of sound clips (including a few speech recordings) under the creative commons license is Freesound.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/

You may also look for some free audio books. You may find the licenses acceptable for your use. I have used some readings from a Children's book for auralizing reverberation.

http://www.audiobooksforfree.com
http://www.gutenberg.org/audio/

Ralph Muehleisen Assistant Professor, Civil and Architectural Engineering Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616 Tel:312-567-3545 Fax:312-567-3519 EMAIL::muehleisen@xxxxxxx