Re: Word lists in English and German

Hi,

I would suggest the voices built by

www.cepstral.com

Or if you want to build voices your self, and have audio data in German..

http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/

is pretty easy to use and install..

Murali

On 4/23/06, Christian Kaernbach < auditory@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear List,

Some weeks ago I asked for (recorded) word lists in English and German.
It seems there is no such database. Holger Mitterer suggested the use of
a speech synthesizer (Thanks, Holger). This might be a good alternative.
Do you have suggestions for speech synthesizers? Our requirements would be:
* German and (US-)English voices
* Ease of use:
   - feed in words (not phonetical transcriptions)
   - easy to install
* Good quality of output

Best regards,
Christian

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Kaernbach
Psychologische Methodik und computergestützte Modellierung