Re: speech materials in Indian languages

The Linguistic Data Consortium (LDC) has three corpora (all telephone speech, I think) which have some Hindi and Tamil data. These are fairly expensive but your university might already be a member of the consortium. I am not sure if there are some read speech corpora.
1. CSLU: 22 Languages Corpus (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2005S26)
2. OGI Multilanguage Corpus (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC94S17)
3. CALLFRIEND Hindi (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC96S52)

Thanks,
Indranil

Monita Chatterjee wrote:
Dear List,

I am interested in obtaining recorded speech materials in various
Indian languages [vowels, consonants, sentences, anything]. I know there
are some databases for Hindi, Tamil, etc. but I don't know where to
look! ..I'd appreciate a few pointers to help me get started.

Thanks,

Monita

M Chatterjee, Ph.D.
Asst Professor, Hearing and Speech Sciences
0100 LeFrak Hall
University of Maryland, College Park
College Park, MD 20742
(301) 405 7716