Re: Reading versus books on tape

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, tony stockman wrote:

> anecdotally I believe for myself at any rate, as a blind person and
> having used braille since primary school, braille reading is more
> effective for learning than listening to tape.

I think that quite many people (including me) performs a kind of visual
learning. For example, I can recall even after years how a certain piece
of information was positioned on the page of the book. Because of this, I
can hardly imagine how I could learn anything by listening to a tape (I
have never tried it, though). Sorry, this is only "anecdotal", but I hope
somebody here can name some real study on this.

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *