Re: Intermediate representation for music analysis

>>   Could you give me some references to people/articles that make use of this
>>  technique ? In fact, this is exactly the technique I use to improve the
>>  frequency resolution of the constant-Q filterbank.

I have an implementation in Matlab, "ifgram.m", which calculates a
spectrogram including an instantaneous frequency estimate for each bin.
You can download it from
.. search for ifgram.

This idea recurs quite a lot.  It's in Flanagan & Golden's original 1966
Phase Vocoder paper:
also F. J. Charpentier from ICASSP 86:
and developed more recently by Abe and co-workers: