From: Brianne Burger [mailto:brianne.burger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:22 PM
Subject: Important Conference on EBP & Adult AR! Sept in DC- Don't miss it!

http://www.hearingresearch.org/SOS/

The Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Hearing Enhancement
(RERC-HE), in conjunction with Gallaudet University and New York
University-School of Medicine, is pleased to announce a three-day
conference addressing the aural rehabilitation needs of adults and
exploring the evidence base for current and emerging practice. The third
day of the conference is devoted to management of dual sensory loss -
vision and hearing.

The meeting will take place September 18-20, 2006 on the historic
Gallaudet University Campus.

Researchers, clinicians, industry representatives and consumers from the
fields of hearing aids, cochlear implants, assistive technologies, dual
sensory loss (hearing-vision) and rehabilitation therapies will join
together to assess the state of the science in adult aural
rehabilitation and identify future research needs.  Speech language
pathologists, audiologists, researchers and interested consumers are
invited to attend.

ASHA and AAA CEUs will be solicited.

Please visit www.hearingresearch.org or contact
Julie.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for conference and registration details.

Please pass on this message to others who may be interested. Thank you
and we at RERC-HE hope to see you at this conference!