Liouville-Green approximation.

Dear colleagues,

A week ago I recommended the introduction into the
WKB (Wentzel, Kramers, Brillouin) [or Liouville-Green]
approximation in section 9.1 of the book "Physics of
Waves" by W. C. Elmore and M. A. Heald (Dover,
New York, 1969).

While I still think that their treatment is recommendable
for non-mathematicians (like me), I now find that some
details are not perfect.

For those who own the book: