To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 10:33 AM
Subject: children's hearing curve?

Dear List,

I'm asking this question out of curiosity - according to Fletcher- Munson curve, human hearing is most sensitive around 3khz, which, as I know of, is delivered by the length of ear canal. I guess that infants have shorter ear canals, then possibly they have different peak frequency of sensitivity... maybe the peak frequency changes while growing up... Have you seen such measurements? I'd love to see the curve.

 - hiroko

--

Hiroko Terasawa
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~hiroko/