Re: Masking Models - Frequency and Time Domain Spreading Functions

Hi List,

Thanks to all those who mailed me.

Just to clarify what Im looking for:

1. Temporal Masking Functions in the last 6 years - These are forward and/or backward masking functions developed int he last few years. Usuually they are called spreading functions or temporal masking/spreading.

2. Im also looking for newish simultaneous masking functions. these are sometimes called frequency spreading functions/models.

If anyone has come across any new spreading functions for any types of temporal or simultaneous masking please let me know.

Thanks.

John.

<johnspencer@xxxxxxxxx>
Masking Models - Frequency and Time Domain Spreading Functions

Hello List,

I am currently researing masking models - frequency spreading functions and time domain spreading functions (forward and backward masking).

I am looking for any new publications etc containing new masking models. These would be publications in the last 5 years or so that have introduced new masking models or new spreading functions.

I have been looking at the Frequency Spreading and Time Domain Spreading functions used in PESQ and PEAQ but I would like to find new models introduced since PESQ and PEAQ were standardized. In other words I want new masking models that have been developed in the past 5 years.

Also, I would be interested in any summary papers or comparison studies that have covered a number of speech or audio masking models.

I would be most grateful if anyone could help me out with information.

Many thanks.

Best Wishes,

John

Walla! Mail - get your free 3G mail today

Walla! Mail - get your free 3G mail today