req references on communication ability as a predictor of a closed traumatic brain injury

Dear listers,

I would greatly appreciate if someone would please point me to references pertaining to oral communication ability as a predictor of a closed traumatic brain injury (TBI). Causes of the TBI could include a motor vehicle accident or a bomb explosion. I?ve just embarked on this topic and am naïve on the subject matter. To date I have come across the article by Douglas, Bracy and Snow (2007) entitled ?Measuring Perceived Communicative Ability after traumatic brain injury: Reliability and validity of the La Trobe communication questionnaire? in Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 22(1), 31-39. I would also welcome comments on this article or on the subject matter per se. Please e-mail me directly and I?ll then post a summary of replies to the list. Thanks.

Rob

--
Robert Arrabito
Defence R&D Canada - Toronto