Re: test for musical skills

I've always been partial to the Seashore measures myself.  They're normed for children and adults, easy to administer, and test the major components of musical ability.

Harriet B. Jacobster, Au.D., CCC-A, FAAA
Board Certified in Audiology

gaab@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello! I was wondering what kind of assessments people like/prefer for testing musical skills in children and adults (with and without musical training).

Any suggestions and comments are highly appreciated.

"If I knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? A. Einstein (1879-1955)

Nadine Gaab, PhD

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences

Massachusetts Institute of Technology

77 Massachusetts Avenue

Room NE46-4037C

Cambridge, MA 02139