Re: Psychoacoutics experiments with large N

is anybody aware of hearing experiments conducted with a (very) large number of participants?

This paper used a novel online experimental paradigm and got 162 subjects for their first experiment. (Their second experiment recruited 43 subjects from this very AUDITORY list!):

Honing, H. (2006). Evidence for tempo-specific timing in music using a web-based experimental setup. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 32 (3), 780-786. http://www.hum.uva.nl/mmm/abstracts/honing-2005d.html

I'm using a similar paradigm for an experiment on Perceptual Attack Time that I'm currently running:

	http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~matt/together

At the moment I'm only up to N=17, but I'll be sending out a formal invitation (aka "volunteer subject recruitment email") to this list in the next few days, so maybe I'll make it into the realm of large N in the coming weeks!

-Matt