Re: Audiofire 8 sound card

Hi Elena,

Be aware that pa_wavplay loads the entire sample buffer into memory _before_ playing, which of course causes large delays for large soundfiles. This was a particular problem with the type of multi-channel, high sampling rate files I was trying to play in a time-critical application. So, I put together a MEX extension for Matlab which uses ASIO, PortAudio (http://www.portaudio.com/) and libsndfile (http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/). It does a buffered read from the sound file, allowing for instant playback of even very large files, and has full support for any device with ASIO-compliant drivers.

Let me know if you're interested and I send you the code.

Padraig
--
Pádraig Kitterick
Graduate Student