Re: Audiofire 8 sound card

Am I right in thinking that, if you use ASIO drivers, it's comparitively simple to treat cards as a single device?
In any event, we use Soundscape cards because (via ASIO) they can behave as one card.
regards
ppl

Dr. Peter Lennox
S.P.A.R.G.
Signal Processing Applications Research Group
University of Derby
http://sparg.derby.ac.uk
Int. tel: 3155

>>> Matthias Vormann <Matthias.Vormann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/07/2007 14:17 >>>
Dear Elena,

Elena Grassi schrieb am 06.07.2007 19:49Uhr:
> Hi,
> does any one have experience controlling an Audiofire 8 card or a similar
> high channel count by the same company (Echo) through Matlab or C?
>
> I'm trying to setup an adaptive experiment with 16 loudspeakers and would
> like to use 2 Audiofire8 cards to control the sound at different
> loudspeakers, ideally through Matlab.
>
> Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are you trying to synchronize outpout accross soundcards!? That will
_only_ be possible if your soundcards (hardware!) are capable of doing so!

Anyway, you can have a try with soundmex2 (http://www.soundmex.de/ -->
which offers a free trial version) and check if it does what you want...

Best
Matthias

--
Dipl. Phys. Matthias Vormann