Invitation to a new virtual Speech and Hearing community on Facebook

Dear list members

A “virtual” speech and hearing community has recently been created online within the Facebook network. The goal of this group is to bring all the young scientists in this field together in a more casual setting. We hope that through our daily procrastination (trust me, and considered this as a disclaimer, Facebook can be addictive…), we can encourage scientific cross-pollination without geographical constraints. Within the first week, we have recruited 78 members across the States, UK and Australia. We hope that this group will eventually help young scientists to connect with each other easier, e.g. accommodation arrangements before conferences, planning social outings during conferences, sharing conference photos etc.

If you are already a Facebook member, please look us up. The group name is “Speech and Hearing United”. It is currently a private group, so please send me a message and I can send out a “group invitation.”

If you are not a Facebook member yet and would like to find out more about it, please visit http://www.facebook.com/sitetour/ for more information.

So please, tell your mentees about it, or encourage your mentors to join Facebook. Hope to see you soon in Facebook.

Cheers

Adrian KC Lee

PhD Candidate

Speech and Hearing Bioscience and Technology Program

Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology

Cambridge, USA

Program website: http://mit.edu/shbt

Personal website: www.mit.edu/~akclee/