Re: Interesting case related to pitch perception

I have no knowledge about oboe, but I think the hypothesis from Dr Al
is very plausible.

Listening to the sound file, after filtering it in 1/3 octave bands,
sometimes it sounds as the 500 Hz and 1000 Hz notes are played while
trying to reach the desired note.

This could be related to the instrument's mechanism or to the player's hability.

I attached a spectrogram from the entire file (the "500 Hz" tone is
not present only in the first note) .

Regards

--
Marcio Henrique de Avelar Gomes, Dr.Eng.
http://www.ecoacustica.com.br