Absolute pitch development

Thank you. And the question for me follows as to why so few people develop absolute pitch if the (mapping) structure exists and is used.

Best

Kevin

Date:    Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:10:25 +0200
From:    Martin Braun <>
Subject: Message of twelve-tone serialism for auditory science

Actually, beyond the issue of consonance, the episode of twelve-tone
serialism (Hauer, Sch=F6nberg, etc.) may be of particular interest for so=
me other aspects of hearing.

The idea that tones can have a meaning beyond an intervallic context is
today well supported by our knowledge of pitch maps in the auditory brain.
In particular the pitch-class map (chroma map) in the auditory thalamus c=
an be considered as the primary neural origin of all types of absolute pitch
and absolute tone qualities.