[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Job Announcement: Postdoctoral position available
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION in Music & Voice Perception
Salary: AUD$68,256 - AUD$81,052 (dependent on experience)
The Bionic Ear Institute, Melbourne, Australia
The aim of the proposed research is to determine how best to encode the
frequency and time information contained in an auditory signal in order
to maximise the perception of music and voice pitch information for
with cochlear implants.
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work on modeling of the
auditory system and perceptual processes.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of a computer model that accurately
accounts for the mechanical and neural response of the ear to sound.
- Assisting in the development of models to compare pitch perception
data against existing cochlear implant systems.
- Carrying out research in relation to modifying electrical stimulation
models to reflect the recommendations for the design of future
electrodes and hardware of cochlear implants.
- Preparation of journal articles, presentations, and grants.
- Co-supervision of postgraduate research projects within this research
- A Postgraduate qualification in Mathematics or Engineering or
- Previous experience with neural modelling or other relevant field
- Previous MATLAB experience (desirable).
Applications should include a detailed CV and be sent via e-mail only
Closing Date: 24th September 2007
Position open immediately, with preferred start date early 2008 or
For informal discussions please contact Prof. Tony Burkitt
The Bionic Ear Institute is an independent, not-for-profit medical
organisation specialising in bionics to find new and better ways to
brain function and to help deaf children and adults communicate.
Anthony N. Burkitt
Assistant Director and Professor
The Bionic Ear Institute
384-388 Albert Street
East Melbourne, VIC 3002
Phone: +61 - 3 - 9667 7529
Fax: +61 - 3 - 9667 7518