Från: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Christian Kaernbach
Skickat: den 13 september 2007 22:26
Till: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: bite bar and bone conduction

Dear List,

We plan to do experiments involving bite bars and bone conduction. We
could use normal bone conduction transducers strapped to the mastoid but
it might be compelling to apply the sound via the bite bar. Has anybody
experience with sound application through bite bars? I have found in the
internet that potential users of BAHA (bone anchored hearing aids) are
encouraged to test the effect of bone conduction sound via bite bars. It
could be that bite bar sound transmission will be variable depending on
bite pressure. We will use bite bars with dental impressions. Hopefully
these will ensure a good contact so that sound transmission should not
depend too much on bite pressure. A five-dB variability would be
acceptable. ... And what about the sound transmission to the table? Can
it be ignored? Would mounting the bite bar to the table make it more
difficult to apply sounds via the bite bar?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Kaernbach