educational c.d. and copyright laws

Greetings all,

I am currently compiling a c.d. of audio material supplementing an
educational booklet organized by members of the National Center for
Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR) in Portland, OR. The booklet/c.d. will be
educating the public on tinnitus and will be freely distributed by the
Department of Veterans' Affairs (Portland VAMC). The c.d. will include
samples of popular songs, readings from texts, speech recordings, environmental
sound, etc.

That said, are any of you familiar with copyright laws? What are the
protocals I should take? Or if we're not making money and we only use samples do I even need to worry about copyright at all? Searching online I can't really make heads or
tails with all the specialized and adhoc regulations. Thanks, and
please respond to my personal address.

If you're not familiar with these issues, I'd be happy to be referred elsewhere. Best,

matt

Matthew Marble
Sr. Research Assistant / Health Technician
National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research
Portland OR VAMC

:::::::::::: :: : :  :   :     :      :       :

        m  a  t  t  m  a  r  b  l  e

        music:
        http://virb.com/mattmarble

        publishing:
        http://foarm.artdocuments.org/

        research:
        http://www.ncrar.research.va.gov/

1627 SE 38th Ave.
Portland OR 97214 USA

Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.  Claim your treat today!