2008 International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing
Web site: http://www.icalip2008.cn/
Submission Deadline: January 31, 2008
The International Conference on Audio, Language and Image Processing will provide a unique forum for researchers, engineers and educators interested in audio, language and image processing to learn about recent progresses, to address related challenges and to develop new methods, applications and systems. ICALIP 2008, co-organized by IEEE Shanghai Section, IEEE Xi?an Section, IET Shanghai Section, Shanghai University, Tsinghua University, Fudan University, and Shanghai Embedded System and Software Alliance, will be held on July 7-9, 2008 in Shanghai, the largest city of China. The conference proceedings with including all the accepted papers will be published by IEEE ( IEEE Catalog Number: CFP0850D ) and indexed in both EI and ISTP. The expanded version of some selected papers will also be published in Journal of Applied Sciences.
Papers are solicited for but not limited to the following areas:
1. Audio and Music Processing: Compression and Coding, 3D and Surround Sounds, Audio Broadcasting, Digital Rights and Watermarking, Music Information Retrieval, Internet Audio, Microphone Array, Audio Beam Loudspeaker.
2. Hearing and Auditory Systems: Modeling and Simulation, Hearing Aids, Feedback and Echo Cancellation, Binaural Hearing, Crosstalk Cancellation, Bone-Conductive Microphones, Perceptual Measures and Assessments, Voice Processing in Cochlear Implants.
3. Language and Speech Processing: Language Acquisition and Reproduction, Human Language Understanding and Learning, Machine Translation, Speech Recognition and Understanding, Speech Enhancement, Human-Machine Interface, Spoken Document Retrieval.
4. Image Processing and Virtual Reality: Image and Video Coding, Image and Video Analysis and Segmentation, Image Representation and Modeling, Machine Vision, Computer Graphics Techniques for VR, Advanced Display and Immersive Projection Technology, Applications of VR, Biomedical Image Processing.
5. Software and Hardware Implementation: DSP Implementations, Embedded Systems, FPGAs, Graphics and image Processors, Reconfigurable Computing Structures, Hardware/Software Co-simulation, System-on-chip, System and hardware design Languages.
Prospective authors are invited to send full-length papers, including figures and references to the conference website: http://www.icalip2008.cn/ following the instructions for authors. All papers will be handled and reviewed electronically. Check the conference website for the update.
Paper submission deadline: January 31, 2008
Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2008
Camera-ready copy: May 1, 2008