To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Music appreciation test for CI patients

I should specify my problem:

What I would like to do is to present complex pieces of music (multi-instrument) from different genres (e.g. pop, jazz, classic etc without vocals, if possible) to the subjects. The subjects are then asked to give their opinion about these tunes by filling out a questionnaire. The questionnaire e.g. contains questions about sound quality, preference for particular tunes, evtl. emotions etc. I was wondering whether anybody has developed something similar (maybe in the scope of a bigger test battery?).

Thank you for your comments!

Matthias

Ward R. Drennan wrote:
See:

Nimmons GL, Kang RS, Drennan WR, Longnion J, Ruffin C, Worman T, Yueh B, Rubinstein JT.

Clinical Assessment of Music Perception in Cochlear Implant Listeners.
Otol Neurotol. 2007 Aug 2;Publish Ahead of Print [Epub ahead of print]

The test has been validated and that manuscript by RS Kang et al. is in review.