Re: A Step towards computer-assisted ASA?

Kevin Austin wrote:
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:11:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carey Dodge <doodgeroo@xxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Another crazy invention from the man behind Melodyne

Split a recorded chord into its individual notes!

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna&L=0

Looks nice. (BTW he's not the first to think of the idea!)

About 2/3 of the way through the video, the narrator says "Here we found a nice guitar chord in our library" and then says that the following chords are made by modifying that one in real time. If so, where does the fret noise come from? (Clearly audible at the end of the third and fourth chords, but not present in all of them.)

Maybe the fret noise is indeed part of the simulated/resynthesised sound. Or maybe the recordings are of what melodyne is expected to be capable of, rather than being directly made with it.

Dan

--
Dan Stowell
Centre for Digital Music