Gmail Audio CAPTCHA Broken

A slashdot posting today got me thinking about auditory tasks which require a cognitive component which computers do not (yet) possess.

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/02/1426253

The Microsoft Research Asirra "cats&dogs" CAPTCHA seems like an elegant visual solution to the problem -- low cognitive load on the user, high 'cognitive' load on the computer.  I'm wondering if there is an auditory categorization task that is analogous to the Asirra scheme?

-Tony

P.S. If you go to the gmail signup page now, it sounds like Google has decreased the SNR of the auditory task in an effort to thwart this type of attack.  The resulting audio is pretty annoying.