Re: Innate responses to sound

I suggest that you look into rhythm.  This is a very important cue for
acoustically identifying animal species from the sounds produced by their
movements.  There is a very interesting related literature in vision on
the perception of biological motion.

David C. Mountain, Ph.D.
Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Boston University