MLP: a MATLAB toolbox for maximum likelihood threshold estimation

Dear all,

I few time ago I asked the help of the list members to test a MATLAB
toolbox we were writing. We are now happy to announce that toolbox is ready and available to anyone interested.

Please visit the following link to download the toolbox and have a better idea about it:
http://www.psy.unipd.it/~grassi/mlp.html

In brief, MLP is a MATLAB toolbox implementing the maximum likelihood adaptive procedure for threshold estimation studied by David Green (JASA, 1990, 1993). We have made a great effort to provide a toolbox ready to use at a mouse click and indeed the use of the toolbox does not need any programming skill. We think the toolbox can be useful for both research and teaching purposes (a few persons are already using it to teach the students how the adaptive experiments work).

For those interested, there is also the toolbox's companion paper, which is under review in the Behavior Research Methods and that can be downloaded from the toolbox's web page.

What's next. We are thinking to extend the toolbox implementing a
staircase (the usual suspect transformed up-down) and possibly a
matching paradigm.

Any suggestion (future extensions, bug reporting, corrections to our
usually bad English, etc.) is more than welcome.

A final note. The toolbox is free but not 100% bug free. We have tested it at our best and the best we can say is... "so far so good".

"Buon fine settimana a tutti" (i.e., have a nice weekend),
Massimo & Alessandro