From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Junyong You
Sent: donderdag 3 juli 2008 17:20
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A problem about the relationship between perceived quality and
loudness! thanks

Hi All,

As we know, loudness is an important audio index for human perception.
Is there anyone studied the relationship between quality distortion and
the loudness? I mean, if the same objective distortion happened on the
different audios (or segments) with different loudness, then, is there
some difference between the perceived qualities of these two audios (or
segments)?

I guess the loudness should influence the perceived quality of same
distortion, and for the very low and very high loudness, such influence
maybe not very great, but with ordinary loudness, perhaps the perceived
distortion will increase following the loudness.

This is just my guess, anybody can help to work for it with me? Or could
you please give me some advice and references?

Thank you very much, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Junyong
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html