Tenure-track position

Dear list,

The following announcement describes two faculty positions to be offered in the Psychology Department at the University of South Alabama. One of those positions is for an Experimental Psychologist - broadly defined. If you are interested, this position would certainly be appropriate to those who study Speech, Hearing, and general issues in Perception.

The University of South Alabama Department of Psychology invites applications for two full-time tenure track positions: (1) Director of Clinical and Counselor Training (DCCT) which will be appointed to an academic rank commensurate with experience (i.e., Associate or Full Professor); and (2) Assistant Professor in experimental psychology. Both positions are expected to start August 15, 2009.

Candidates for the position of DCCT must have a doctoral degree in Clinical, Counseling, or Combined-Integrated Psychology from an APA accredited program and an APA approved internship, and should be licensed or immediately eligible for licensure in the State of Alabama. We seek to fill the position with a candidate who has had prior administrative experience, and experience in providing clinical supervision to doctoral students. Area of research interest is open. The successful candidate will be the DCCT for our newly approved innovative Combined Doctoral Training Program in Clinical and Counseling Psychology (CCP). The CCP program will be a unified approach to doctoral-level training in the areas traditionally called Clinical and Counseling Psychology. As defined by the CCP model, the program will focus on training in generic professional and scientific attributes, skills, and knowledge common to all psychologists. The CCP model will also be used to develop the curriculum and infrastructure of the program. This combination will result in a generalist and integrative framework for the education and training of doctoral students in professional-scientific psychology. The program will support an emphasis in Health Psychology. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2008 and continue until the position is filled. Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three original letters of recommendation, and a description of research interests, administrative experience, and teaching interests. Send materials to Martin L. Rohling, DCCT Search Committee, Department of Psychology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, 36688-0002.

Candidates for the Assistant Professor position must have a Ph.D. in an experimental area of Psychology with the area of specialization open (e.g., biopsychology, experimental psychopathology, cognitive, developmental, or social). The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the undergraduate and graduate teaching mission and to maintain an active research program. Review of applications will also begin November 1, 2008 and continue until the position is filled. Application materials should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, three original letters of recommendation, a description of research interests and teaching interests. Send materials to Jack Shelley-Tremblay, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Psychology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, 36688-0002.

We encourage interested applicants to visit our website (www.southalabama.edu/psychology) to learn more about our program. The University is located in Mobile, Alabama on the Gulf of Mexico. We are ethnically and culturally diverse, attracting students from all over the world. The Mobile region features a moderate maritime climate, a modest cost of living, and ample recreational opportunities. Mobile was recently ranked by National Geographic Adventure as one of America’s top 50 places to live, work, and play.

The University of South Alabama is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Employer.

Best,

Mike
--
Dr. Michael S. Gordon