Date:    Sun, 7 Sep 2008 14:14:14 -0400
From:    Gordon J McDonagh <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Pitting localisation cues against hamonicity

Hello everyone!

My name is Gordon McDonagh and I am trying to find out if anyone has
conducted any research into pitting localisation cues against harmonicity.
 Below is a brief outline of my project, if anyone can suggest any past
research that may help me, I would be most grateful.

Thank you in advance for any help,

Regards, Gordon

Currently I am experimenting with additive synthesis and surround sound.
I am separating sounds into their component parts ie sine waves and
spreading the component sines around a 3D field.  The harmonicity effect
will join the sines together so the subject will hear the original
waveform but localisation cues will try and work out where each single
sound is coming from.

I wish to see which comes out on top (harmonicity vs localisation) and use
the information to develop a synthesis method for surround sound useage.

I am interested in surround sound techniques, additive synthesis,
localisation with multiple sources, Harmonicity and Psychoaccoustics with
paricular reference to Auditory Scene Analysis and Spectral Fusion.