From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Spencer
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:44 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reverberation Calculation/Modelling

Dear List,

Im looking for some advice/help in relation to measuring or determining the amount of reverberation in a speech or audio signal. Ive been trying to see if there is any literature on this but I cannot find any way of measuring the amount of reverberation in a signal. Are there any mathematical models that can be used to calculate a "value" for revereration when given a speech/audio segment?

Also, I would intersted in finding out if there is a way of comparing two identical signals recorded in two different rroms to determine the revereration differences.

I don't suspect that much has been done in this area but thanks to anyone who can help me with information or advice.

John