Re: HRTF failure

Christian,

You don't mention including a headphone correction stage. Did you?

-Pierre

Christian Kaernbach wrote:
Dear List,

We encounter a problem when trying to place a sound at a virtual position in space by means of head related transfer functions (HRTF).

We use sounds from the IAPS database (International Affective Digitized Sounds System, Bradley & Lang) as well as simple white noise of six seconds duration. We use the Kemar HRTF, the "compact data" with zero elevation. We convolve the original sound data with the HRTF data as suggested in the documentation. The final sounds are presented using Beyer Dynamic DT770 headphones.