Re: information transmission analyses

Thanks for the interesting bibliography. One note I would add though, is that, with the exception of the Luce paper, these publications precede a rather significant boom in the use of info theory in the computational neuroscience world. The use of a communication channel analog in cognitive psychology might be a stretch, but for neural- level perception studies it has become quite a powerful tool. Seeing how these studies are slowly branching towards high-level perception I would say that the debate (if any) is probably still open.

Best,
Paris