Re: The psychomechanics of rolling sounds

Hi Dik:

You might have mentioned that this paperback costs $99!

--Bruno

Hermes, D.J. wrote:
Dear List,
The PhD thesis by Christophe Stoelinga, an in depth study on the
psychomechanics of rolling sounds carried out at Eindhoven University of
Technology and at ENSTA in Paris, has now appeared in paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Psychomechanical-Study-Rolling-Sounds/dp/363912299 2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236803714&sr=8-4. I would say this is mandatory reading for all of you who are interesting
in acoustics and the way we perceive sound, in the ecological psychology
of hearing, and in the way we use sound to recontruct an image of what
happens around us. Best wishes, Dik

--
Dik J. Hermes
Eindhoven University of Technology